Cystitis — a disease that affects the mucous membrane of the bladder. The disease is triggered by bacteria or fungi. Manifestations of cystitis include pain when urinating, frequent urge to the toilet, and the presence in the urine of mucus or blood. Usually therapy cystitis consists of a complex of several drugs. Medication cystitis designated doctor.
Antibiotics for cystitis
As in most cases, cystitis is caused by bacteria, to reduce the risk of complications, patients are prescribed antibiotics. Unfortunately, to identify the causative agent is not always possible. In this case, the preference for drugs of broad spectrum.
Selection of drugs is carried out on the basis of the clinical picture, as well as determining the dosage and duration of treatment. For effective treatment it is recommended to take a swab to determine the specific pathogen. Depending on the antibiotic drug used in the form of an injection, orally or vaginally in the acute stage or in the chronic form of cystitis.
The main advantage of herbal remedies — safety and accessibility. You can purchase an effective remedy at the lowest price. This is a good option to Supplement to the basic treatment.
Antispasmodics are an integral part of therapy. These drugs cystitis can get rid of painful sensations during urination that decreases the frequency of false urgency. Preference is given to drugs on the basis of drotaverine.
Tools relieve smooth muscle spasm of the bladder, eliminating the source of pain. They do not disturb the activity of the human nervous system and have minimal side effects. The dosage of the medicines in this group determined by the treating physician.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
In the treatment of cystitis patients may be administered a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs from cystitis. Drugs can relieve the pain and facilitate the patient's condition in the case of increasing temperature.
A large part of the anti-inflammatory drugs have a high efficiency and a minimal list of side effects.
The appointment of probiotics is necessary in the case if the treatment included antibiotics. Funds in this group allow you to restore the natural gut flora and overall immune system. In addition, their acceptance is several times reduces the risk of recurrence after recovery.
In some cases, the root cause of cystitis is the reproduction of fungi Candida. If the nature of fungal urinary system was confirmed during the examination, the patient is prescribed a course of antifungals.
Funds from non-infectious cystitis
For the treatment of non-infectious forms of cystitis the following groups of drugs:
- analgesics — quickly eliminate pain and discomfort during urination during exacerbation. They relax the muscles of the bladder.
- diuretics — when uncomplicated cystitis and infection of the urethra is a preference for herbal products based on chamomile, cranberry, or bearberry;
- drugs TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) — the task of this group of funds is to reduce the frequency of false urges to urinate. Funds are only applied once during the day.
In the application to medical treatment for non-infectious cystitis can perform Kegel exercises. Sometimes patients require surgical intervention.
Unlike symptomatic medications pathogenetic means act directly on the mechanism of the disease. In the case of cystitis as a pathogenetic drugs appointed the following tools:
- Uro antiseptics — drugs in this group decontaminate the bladder;
- immunomodulators as safe alternatives to use vitamin complexes, lifting the immunity by compensating the missing trace elements;
- diuretics — increase urine volume and accelerate the breeding process. While the urine "washes" pathogens, accelerating the recovery.
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs relieve pain and swelling.
The dosage of drugs and treatment is determined by the specialist based on the clinical picture and individual patient characteristics!
The use of candles in case of cystitis is based on their effectiveness and ease of application. You can use homeopathic and natural candles, such as sea buckthorn.
Remedies for pregnancy
Treatment of cystitis in pregnant women must be under the supervision of a physician and gynecologist. The main stages of treatment of the disease include:
- antibacterial therapy.
- antifungal therapy.
- antiviral treatment. To boost their immune system and suppress the activity of pathogenic microorganisms are appointed candles.
It is important to realize that some of these drugs may be contraindicated during the first trimester, but allowed the next. In this case, the doctor should pick up for women alternatives.
Medication children cystitis
The appointment of a drug to children should be carried out by a specialist. Self-medication in this case is absolutely unacceptable!
As adults, the first stage of therapy for cystitis is antibiotics broad-spectrum. It may be powders, tablets or suspension. The most common drugs include:
- Derivatives of ampicillin.
- The fosfomycin.
In addition to antibiotics for the release of the bladder from infection prescribe medicines that inhibit the action of infectious agents in the urinary bladder, kidneys, ureters, the renal pelvis. In the case of children, the preference is given natural remedy, for example, plants cranberries or juniper.
Prevention and recovery from illness
Like any other disease, cystitis much easier to prevent than to treat in the future. To preventive measures include:
- observance of rules of personal hygiene. Women and girls, it is important to wash away "front to back" using tools specifically designed for this purpose. Ordinary soap destroys the natural microflora of the urogenital system;
- refusal to wear uncomfortable underwear. Very negatively on women's health is reflected wearing a Thong and too tight pants;
- diet and drinking enough fluids;
- taking a multivitamin.
In the recovery phase after illness do Kegel exercises that strengthen bladder wall. In addition, if when the treatment was applied antibiotics, it is necessary to drink a course of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
Folk remedies are used as a Supplement to the basic treatment. Often therapy use decoctions of herbs that have strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. These include:
- Chamomile is the common and cheapest option. Infusion of herbs used for preparation of sitz baths. To do this, 5 tablespoons of chamomile flowers pour 3 liters of boiling water and infused for 60 minutes. After this infusion is filtered and poured into a basin. The bath is 20-30 minutes. It is better to take bath after hygienic procedures.
- Flax seeds — 3 tablespoons of seeds pour 500 ml of water and boiled in a water bath for 15 minutes. Now remove the mixture and mix with 2 teaspoons of honey. The resulting tool drink during the day.
- Rose hips — 3 tablespoons fruit pour two cups of boiling water and insist in a thermos for 1-1. 5 hours. After this decoction drink during the day;
- Black poplar — for making funds take 2 tablespoons of the kidneys plants and pour 500 ml of boiling water. Means infused for 2 hours, after which strain and take half Cup 3 times a day.
- Bearberry leaves — 2 cups of boiling water you will need 2 tablespoons of raw materials. Tool infuse for about 2 hours, then infusion of strain and drink ½ Cup 3 times a day. The drug belongs to a cheap category.
The best approach to the treatment of cystitis is a complex therapy with the use of drugs of different groups. In addition, it is very important to maintain your health, the condition of the genitourinary system and the time to visit the professionals.