Cystitis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the walls of the bladder. It develops against the background of a viral or bacterial injury, with a decrease in immunity and for various other reasons. Manifested by frequent and painful urination. In the absence of timely treatment, it leads to an ascending infection - inflammation of the kidneys. Therapy includes medications, physical therapy, and traditional medicine.
Causes and symptoms of cystitis
The reasons for the development of pathology are divided into two groups: infectious and non-infectious. In the first case, the pathogen is pathogenic microorganisms that can enter the organ in several ways:
- From the environment. It occurs mainly in women, due to the peculiarities of the physiological structure of the urinary system.
- From a kidney. In this case, cystitis is a secondary pathology that develops in the context of kidney disease.
- Hematogenous: The infection enters the bladder from other infectious sources in the body.
- Lymphogen: penetration of the infection into the organ occurs through the lymphatic system.
Noninfectious cystitis causes radiation therapy to the lower abdomen. A decrease in immunity, a violation of hormonal levels or a pathology of the nervous system can provoke the development of a pathology.
Rare causes of illness include a chemical burn (injection of certain medications through the urethra) or an allergic reaction.
The risk of developing hypodynamic pathology, hypothermia, wearing tight underwear, promiscuous sex life and non-compliance with personal hygiene rules increases. In some cases, the provoking factor is a violation of the process of emptying the bladder, vitamin deficiency, and chronic diseases of the kidneys or organs of the reproductive system.
Most often, the disease develops after medical procedures, for example, after placing a catheter or administering medications through the urethra.
Cystitis is manifested by frequent urination, especially at night. This alters the normal rhythm of life, brings discomfort and causes sleep disorders. With frequent urging, urination occurs in small portions and is accompanied by pain, which is localized in the urethra or slightly above the pubis.
With cystitis, the urine is cloudy. In particularly difficult cases, blood impurities may be observed.
How to cure cystitis with home remedies
Herbal infusions and decoctions are used to treat acute or chronic pathologies. Herbs relieve pain, improve urine flow, and relieve inflammation.
Popular phyto recipes for bladder inflammation:
- Pour 200 ml of boiling water over ten grams of sage and boil in a water bath for half an hour. Strain the cold drink and drink 50 ml before meals three times a day.
- Pour boiling water over the wild rose berries and leave for 7 hours. Drink instead of tea for a diuretic effect.
- Take a tablespoon of St. John's wort and pour 200 ml of warm boiled water over it. Boil over low heat for 15 minutes and strain. Drink 50 ml three times a day.
- Pour ten juniper berries with a glass of boiling water and steep for several hours. Take one tablespoon three times a day.
- Birch shoots (5 g), pour 250 ml of boiled water and boil for 15 minutes. Drink half an hour before a meal for half a glass.
- Combine two tablespoons of cranberry leaves with a glass of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Leave to infuse for 2 hours and then strain. Consume before meals.
- Bearberry leaves (1 tbsp. l. ) Combine with a glass of boiling water and boil in a water bath for 30 minutes. Strain the cooled broth and take a tablespoon 5 times a day. The drug can cause adverse reactions and is contraindicated in children, pregnant women, and people with kidney disease.
- Crush the parsley leaves and pour a tablespoon of raw material with 0, 5 liters. cold water. Insist 10 hours. Divide the infusion evenly and drink it throughout the day.
The products of the garden and the garden can help in the fight against the disease. An effective remedy is a mixture of black radish juice and honey in equal proportions. Take the medicine twice a day, 15 ml after a meal.
Turnip juice will also be useful, which you need to boil a little and drink 2 tablespoons. l. twice a day.
The currant or its juice will help speed recovery. Watermelon has a strong diuretic effect, so it is recommended to include it in the diet if the disease worsens during berry ripening.
Baths and physiotherapy
Baths will help alleviate the condition. Herbal teas or other home remedies can be used for the procedure.
Chamomile is very effective in fighting disease. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. Pour a tablespoon of the herb with 200 ml of water and let it sit a little. Add 4 tablespoons. l. infuse in 10 liters of warm water and take a bath (10 minutes) or wash after urinating.
You can also take healing baths. Add the herb broth to the liquid and let it steep for 20-30 minutes. Do not rinse with running water after bathing.
Simple physical therapy procedures can also be used at home. Dry heat can help relieve pain. To do this, you can use a simple heating pad or a bottle of warm water. Paraffin wax or hot salt in a skillet wrapped in dense material is perfect.
The potato compress can be used for warming. Boil some tubers, peel and mash the fruit with a fork. Wrap in cellophane and place the compress on the suprapubic area for a few minutes. It is preferable to warm up before going to bed, while it is important that the feet are constantly warm.
Ozokerite (mountain wax) has also received positive reviews. It has a calming and analgesic effect and improves the functioning of the immune system. You can buy it at the pharmacy. The ozokerite should be melted and poured into a mold with a thick rubber on the bottom. When the mass
becomes a comfortable temperature, the compress is placed in the suprapubic area. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes.
Nutrition for cystitis
To speed up the healing process, it is necessary to adjust the diet. Adequate intake of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients will allow you to quickly get rid of the disease, as well as strengthen the immune system.
The diet must necessarily contain a large amount of plant foods, in particular, foods that have a diuretic effect. Avoid alcohol, spicy and smoked foods, carbonated drinks, coffee, rich broths, and acidic vegetables and fruits.
Cystitis brings a lot of discomfort and also threatens the development of serious complications. Timely treatment guarantees a positive effect and relief of symptoms. Before using traditional medicine, consult your doctor first. Combine traditional and homemade methods for maximum results.